Monday, April 5, 2010

Montevideo, Uruguay

A mask at the Museo del Carnival
La parilla, the biggest grill I have ever seen! This place was at the port of Montevideo and was amazing!

Las Chicas!
Our hostel... El Viajero.



These are the most comfortable buses ever...each seat is its own recliner!
Haha
This cafe served the CUTEST café con leche (coffee with milk) ever!
My new drink of choice, Medio Medio, is have white wine and half champagne


An example of makeup for Carnival. Scary
All of the following are pictures from the Museo del Carnival.





Montevideo is a smaller, cleaner, less crowded version of
Buenos Aires, with better food, alcohol, no dog poop, and a panoramic view of water. Basically, when I got there I wondered if I had picked the wrong city to study abroad in....and I am still thinking the same thing. haha! We spent the weekend eating in cute cafes, site-seeing the city, going to bars at night, and visiting the Museo del Carnival. It was a great weekend with beautiful weather, lots of carne asado, medio medio (half white wine, half champagne...a native beverage of Uruguay) and tons of laughs!

1 comment:

  1. Awe I miss you SANDS!!!! You look great, I guess they treating you right over there.The pictures are so interesting, Im sure you have a story behind them all! Can't wait to hear them...SEE YA BEFORE YOU KNOW IT! *Elephant hugs*

    ReplyDelete