Monday, April 5, 2010

Mendoza

El caballo
Horseback riding through the Andes!
Our guide, or gaucho (cowboy) Matias and our horses.




I went zip-lining across this river and the mountains! Amazing!!!



Olive press at the fábrica de aceite de oliva, olive oil factory.


A beautiful bodega, vineyard, with the Andes Mountains in the background

Tee hee.


Umm, I can't remember the name of these...but its where the wine sits and gets yummy I think.

Hot springs...this shot out water!
The hot springs...fun but strange. We were expecting a whole in the ground and got something between a man-made hot tub and swimming pool. Hmmm....



My trip to Mendoza was probably my favorite so far. Its the "wine country" of Argentina, exporting something like 70% of its wine productions to countries like the US. The first day we went to hot springs in the mountains. It was fun but not exactly what we expected. There were 4 or 5 "pools" with water that was either varying from very hot to cold. The next day we went on a tour of two vineyards and an olive oil factory. I bought a bottle of the most
deeeelicous bottle of extra virgin rosemary olive oil for the equivalent of less than $4. Yummmy! The next day we went horseback riding through the Andes mountains a plains. It was absolutely beautiful but cold and rainy! But I would do it again in a heartbeat! My last day in Mendoza, we went zip-lining across the mountains and over the most blue and beautiful river I have ever seen! I went flying from one area to another with nothing holding me one besides a little metal harness! I loved it all!!!

1 comment: